10 Things to Give Up
1. Letting the opinions of others control your life. What others think of you is none of your business. It’s what you think that counts. What others say about you is their reality – not yours. Always do what’s best for you.
2. Shame of failures and what happened in the past. The past doesn’t equal the future. Right now is all that matters. Learning to make peace with your past helps create a better future.
3. Being indecisive about what you want. Make a decision to figure out exactly what it is you want and go for it. Dream BIG – reach for the sky.
4. Procrastination. Either accept life and circumstances as they are or accept responsibility for changing them. The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
5. Choosing to do nothing. Even doing nothing is a choice.
6. Your need to be right. Getting things wrong is one of the ways we learn new things. Sometimes graciously giving someone else the ‘victory’ can be a very healing experience. When something needs fixing face up to it – communicate – appreciate – forgive.
7. Making excuses rather than taking action. Let’s face it all those ‘reasons’ are really only dressed up excuses anyway.
8. Overlooking what’s positive in your life. Remember – we see things as WE are not necessarily how they are.
9. Not appreciating the present moment and little things that happen in our daily lives. Little steps acknowledged and celebrated accumulate to create the big shifts.
10. Don’t compare yourself with others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
Om Prema Silvia